Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day

I know Memorial Day seems like so long ago, but this crappy 48 degree weather today reminded me of the fun day we had. Plus I got my hot chocolate too hot and I needed something to do while it cools off a bit (HOT CHOCOLATE in JUNE?! This is crazy!) So I'm updating the blog while I wait.

We had plans to go on a pic nic up in the canyons, but that wasn't going to happen with the weather. So instead we sat at home ALL DAY long! Parker and I were getting a little restless so we had to get creative.


We tried to "chalk" our driveway but it was too wet and rainy. So we moved to the front porch. After about 10 minutes I was done (and freezing) so we went inside and played every game Parker owns...twice. What fun.




Jared decided to sit in front of the T.V. and not play with us. So we left him a message on the front porch.

He did decide to join us for lunch in the sweet fort we built. Only if he could go buy himself a bag of Cheetos to eat though (Don't worry, I think I ate more than he did).

It was nice to have a relaxing day to remember those loved ones we've lost.

7 comments:

Sara and Company said...

What a fun mom you are! I haven't built a fort in what seems like too long. Will loved it the last time we did it. Maybe that will be our rainy day activity for today.

Hey....what is your schedule like next Saturday after Parker's game? By then, my company will be out of town and it might be a little easier to get together. If not, we could try for tomorrow or some other random time regardless of their games. Let me know.

Also, are you planning on coming to Heber? When is your baby due anyway? Fun fun! Take care!

Hoosier Mama said...

I love the days when you can throw all plans away and do what you did! You are a cute mom!

Kathrin Paul said...

Balboa, your blog is so fun! I love building forts in the living room! Parker is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the little fort. Kids are so creative. He is a good little artist too. How fun.

Anonymous said...

I love the little fort. Kids are so creative. He is a good little artist too. How fun.

bentanelle said...

What a fun day! Ben probably would have done the same thing Jared did! How are you feeling? Baby is due soon right? Good luck with everything, have you picked out names?

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I love those Cheetos...sorry my mind in always on food!